Friday, July 22, 2011

Chocolate covered crackers!

A former friend of mine provided me with this recipe 23 years ago.  While we are no longer friends I do love this recipe.  It was a surprise to me to see that a couple of women were selling this product and the public was in awe of it!  I thought "WHAT!  I've been making that for 23 years!!"  Or something to that effect.

Its a simple recipe really.  1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of butter, 1 tsp of vanilla.  Bring to boil on stove until the color is starting to change (approximately 5 minutes).  Pour over a tray of saltines - salt side up, spread evenly.
I tried using this pan - yeah, not a good idea.




Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.


 Immediately after you remove the pan from the oven sprinkle 12 oz of chocolate chips on candied crackers.  Wait a minute or two before attempting to smooth the chocolate.



Cover the pan with the chocolate.  Let the pan come to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to cool.  The one thing I don't like about this treat is that it's very ADDICTING!!!  Thank GOD I'm smart enough to give this stuff away!!  
This is a good dish to make as a treat when you have the ingredients and your budget is tight.  Doesn't cost much to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment