Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vacation part 1

Yes, I know this is suppose to be a blog about my bakery.  But don't bakers get to take vacations and brag about it?

Let's see.... where to begin?  Well, we got back from Tennessee on June 19th, then my husband thought it would be a good idea to start the summer off with a camping trip.  (oh joy.)  We left on June 22nd to go camping near Waterville, WA.  We were trying to look for a place that would be sunny but not too far of a drive.  I love the coast but I love the sun more.  The weather for the coast was to be in the 60's and either partly cloudy or with scattered rains.  Okay - desert area it is!

Our campsite.
When we camp we have learned that we need two tents.  One for the kids and one for us.  Only because we end up bringing so much stuff, if we're all in one tent there's usually no place to put our stuff.  This time we brought the two dogs.  They were surprisingly great!  The dog in the picture is Riggins!!

View from our campsite!
The campground was on Jameson Lake, which is about 50 miles northeast of Wenatchee, WA.
Fishing on Jameson Lake.
Supposedly great fishing.
Avery even went fishing - of course not with live bait!  I'm not sure what she would have done had she caught anything!!
 Doing the dishes!!

Riggins!

Fiona!

The true purpose behind this picture is for you to see the cars in the background.  One major drawback on this camping trip was the fact that not many places had space availability for the entire time we wanted to be gone.  This campground had space but put us smack dab in the middle of a family gathering.  On Friday night the rest of the family of the campers across from us showed up.  It was like camping in the ghetto!  All the cars, the music, the commotion, kids hanging around the cars....  What was the point of leaving home?
  
Early morning torture!
I think this picture was taken on our second day.  I say that because I'm still smiling!  lol  Seriously, we didn't take a shower the next day because believe it or not we forgot some things, we had to go into town.  So I wore my husband's hat because I know - KNOW I had bad hair.  It was for the protection of the other campers!

During the day the weather was nice.  In the evening the wind picked up and at night it was extremely windy.  It was unusual for the amount of wind that happened and it was very annoying.  I didn't get much sleep the entire time I was there.  By the time we left on the 26th I was exhausted!  One time when I was making dinner the wind blew and blew our camp stove off the table with the potatoes I was cooking.  Great.

Grand Coulee Damn

We did do some sightseeing.  We experienced Waterville, not much there, then we went the opposite direction to Coulee City.  Absolutely nothing there.  When I say nothing, maybe I misspoke - we did find this:

Exactly!  WHAT the heck is this?  
Just cannot explain! *Shudders*

Hubby making the s'mores!
We had s'mores every night (I'm not a big s'more fan but I do love roasted marshmallows) but because of the wind we had to retreat into one of the tents to play any games.  The kids were great, the dogs were great, too bad the weather at night was terrible.  I was freezing.  I slept with the sleeping bag OVER my head!  Oh, just thinking about this again is going to bring back the nightmares!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment