Thursday, May 19, 2011

Samples and Cards

On Monday I made some cupcakes and banana bread.  I made cupcakes for a friend of mine, long story, but my husband was to deliver the cupcakes after work on Tuesday.  I made extra cupcakes to take to my where I get my hair cut, then decided I should take cupcakes around for people to sample and pass out my business cards. 
With the cupcakes in their boxes, my husband had his dozen and an extra loaf of banana bread I headed out to Salon Parente in Federal Way.  Stan Parente is the owner and now owns 3 salons.  One in Federal Way (obviously), Maple Valley and the newest one is in Bellevue.  He is fantastic along with his staff in Federal Way.  I don't go to the other salons so I cannot comment on his staff there.  His apprentice, Jennifer, was there - the purpose of the banana bread.  They were surprised to see me, after all I only just got my hair cut 3 days prior.  I offered samples to people and provided my business card.  Jennifer ordered cupcakes and a cheesecake for her daughter's birthday.  On my way out there was a police officer sitting in his car in the parking lot, who better to give a cupcake to than him?
I decided I would go to the stores that I frequent where people are personable.  I went to our local yarn shop called Unraveled Shop (Unraveled Yarn and Artful Gifts).  AHH they were closed until 1:00!  Now what?  I drove around thinking about the next place to go.
Well, I had a gift from my daughter, Merissa, from Mother's day that needed to be returned to Macy's.  She bought me a great paddle for my kitchen aid but it was the wrong size.  On my way out I'm sitting in the car trying to think where to go next and I see my vet! 
Cascade Veterinary Hospital.  Now it has been a little while since I was there, my husband takes in the animals, but they remembered me and my pets!  Great group of people there.  They loved my samples!  And I enjoyed talking with them as well.  Thank you ladies for taking the time!!
I eventually went back to the yarn shop.  I spent about an hour in there talking to them, discussing possible store fronts, Ann provided me with a name for a gentleman at the Small Business Center that helped her when starting the business.  They took a bunch of my cards and are thinking about the next event to order some cupcakes or other goodies! 
The day was coming to a close, kids were getting home from school, hubby was expected to be home soon, as I was on my way home I got a text from my husband - cupcakes melted in his car.  He parked in the shade and left his windows open slightly but they still melted.  He cancelled his delivery and went home.  Sooooo.....about that husband of mine!  I asked him if it was possible that he was subconsciously sabotaging me!!  Lesson learned....don't let him help.  I was going to add unless you're watching him every minute, but then what would be the point?  I guess I'll be making more cupcakes, if it isn't too late for our friend to give them to whom he wanted to give them to.  Yes, I'm glad he didn't deliver them to our friend anyway!  Seriously honey.....YOU'RE FIRED!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment