Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baking Pantry

I am leaving today, actually by the time this blog posts I will be on a plane to Tennessee for my niece's wedding.  She is getting married on Saturday June 18th. 
This is Shanna and Patrick.

So today I am sharing with you my baking pantry.  Really, its just a closet.

Unfortunately, that is not all of the stuff I have for baking.  I have another closet around the corner.  The point here is that while it looks disorganized, it isn't.

I had so many cookie cutters that I just had them in bags stored places.  Too many places actually.  I couldn't tell what I had and what I didn't have.  So an idea hit me.  I needed something to organize the cookie cutters, not use up a lot of space, functional, versatile and cheap.

The back of the pantry door was just wasted space.  So I made this. 
It runs the entire length of the door.  The top I sewed ribbons on which hold multiple cookie cutters, then I created pockets to hold more cutters.  The top portion of this holds my Christmas cookie cutters.  Then the lower rows holds, animals, flowers, Easter, Halloween, landmarks and Princess cutters.  The very top has four ribbons in a row that hold my silicone sheets. 

My pantry holds my Kitchen Aid, sugars and grains, (minus the 50 lb bag of flour, confectioner's sugar and granulated sugar that are in separate containers around the corner), the next shelf holds the chocolates, milks, extracts, peanut butter filling, salt, etc...  The next row holds the decorating sugars and extra cookie cutters that I actually ran out of space on my organizer, baking chocolate.  Then I have a bread maker and my cake decorating supplies.
Well it may not look that organized but I know where everything is.  I can't wait to be able to put this where I can see everything someday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment